Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Bayer presents tomato innovations
An open day at F.lli Fronte in the Pachino area (SR) organised by Bayer's Vegetable Seeds and Crop Protection departments took place a few days ago. Professionals such as Rosario Tumino (Sales Specialist Tomato Fresh Market - Nunhems Italy srl/Bayer), Giuseppe Cortese (Field Marketing Specialist - Bayer) and Govanni Inghisciano (Crop Science - Bayer) as well as other specialists welcomed numerous producers, field technicians and traders and illustrated the qualities of the cherry tomato, Jungle F1.
Left to right: Rosario Tumino and Giuseppe Cortese
Guests could observe the good results achieved by the Jungle F1 variety, which is particularly suitable for greenhouse cultivation and is ideal for transplants between December and the end of summer.
"Fruits have a deep red colour and have excellent tolerance to cracking. Plants have close internodes, do not need vigour-reducing products and are not affected by high temperatures."
Guests could also learn more about crop protection means and methods thanks to Bayer Crop Science experts, who provided specialist advice.
Above and below: Jungle F1 cherry tomatoes
"In addition to the varieties developed by Bayer which were admired today, we could also showcase our technical means. To fully develop their potential high-quality seeds need a suitable defence strategy."
Bayer Crop Science technicians monitored Jungle F1 tomatoes from the pre-transplant phase ensuring the correct management of significant problems such as nematodes, aphids, thrips, mites, insects and fungi.
"Both small and large producers are pleased with the information network, field assistance and wide range of product and services we can supply as Bayer."
Guided tour of the greenhouse
"A continuous exchange of information is the best way to solve the problems that affect crops in areas such as this one."
Bayer technicians at the open day in Pachino
Bayer is a global company with key skills in the Life Sciences, Health and Agriculture sectors. Its products and services are developed with people's health in mind and have the objective of improving their quality of life. At the same time, Bayer focuses on creating value through innovation, growth and high profitability. All its activities are based on sustainable development and ethical/social responsibility. In 2016, the Group employed 115,200 people with a turnover of €46.8 billion. Its capital investments were €2.6 billion with €4.7 billion invested in R&D. These figures include the Innovative Polymer Material Business area, which entered the stock market as Covestro on 6th October 2015.
Dr. Giuseppe Cortese
Tel.: +39 3358002439
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: