Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian vegetable prices shot up nearly 45% in August
Wholesale inflation in India rose to a four-month high of 3.24 percent in August as prices of food articles were led by onions and vegetables which soared. Inflation based on the wholesale price index (WPI) was 1.88 percent in July 2017 and 1.09 per cent in August 2016.
The last time such a high level of inflation was witnessed was back in April when the rate of the price rise was 3.85 percent. The government data released today showed that prices of food articles went up by 5.75 percent in August on a yearly basis, as against 2.15 percent in July.
Vegetable prices shot up by 44.91 per cent in August, as against 21.95 percent in July. Onion prices witnessed a sharp surge at 88.46 percent in August, as against a contraction of 9.50 percent in the previous month. Vegetables weren't alone in the rise however with fruits rising by 7.35 percent.
Publication date: 9/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: