Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agrico celebrates growth at Potato Europe
On Thursday 14 September, Agrico participated in a rainy Potato Europe at Emmeloord. Agrico celebrated its latest results together with the affiliated growers at this leading international trade fair, held in World Potato City Emmeloord once every four years.
Innovative varieties were one driver behind growth, the company said. Varieties that are in high demand and used to feed many people around the world. This aspect perfectly reflects the central theme of this edition of Potato Europe which highlights the growing importance of potatoes as a crop that feeds the world.
Fontane is one of the Agrico varieties that has been growing its market share over the years. The high yielding French fry variety was in the spotlight at the event, as was Carolus, which gives growers certainty about their yields thank to its resistance to phytophthora.
Carolus heralds a new generation of resistant varieties that are the result of Agrico Research and many years of investment in breeding programmes with a focus on sustainability.
“We are pleased that Potato Europe was open for business today”, said Agrico’s director Jan van Hoogen. “Even though conditions were not ideal, we welcomed many interested growers and customers to our stand. As bad weather forced the cancellation of the first day of the fair, we offered an alternative programme to all our customers who had travelled to Emmeloord. They visited Agrico Research and then went on to visit two of our growers. That made the day worthwhile.”
Publication date: 9/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: