Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Lidl launching e-shop in the Czech Republic
The retail chain Lidl will be testing the operation of an e-shop in the Czech Republic, with plans to launch it for its customers during the autumn, as reported by Lidl spokesperson Zuzana Holá. Of all large chains operating in the country, Tesco is currently the only one selling online.
The e-shop launched in the Czech Republic will be Lidl's fourth online store and the first in Central and Eastern Europe.
The test will serve to assess the capacity of the Logistics Centre in Pilsen, which started operating last November and has been supplying e-shops in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. It will now also be supplying the Czech one.
Sales of goods on the Internet have been booming in the Czech Republic in recent years and the range has spread to fresh food. E-shops are run by, for example, Rohlik.cz or Kolonial.cz. The British retailer also Tesco offers a great service.
Tesco spokesperson Václav Koukolíček told Novinky that "we launched the on-line store in January 2012 and the service is currently available to four million Czechs in a total of seven counties. The best-selling items include fruit and vegetables, pastries, dairy products and bottled water. The average purchase weighs over 36 kg. The customer's interest in the service is steadily increasing."
Publication date: 9/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: