Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Netto Discounter offers even more transparency about the origin of fruits and vegetables
Freshness, quality and transparency on the fruit and vegetable shelves: That's the idea behind the new Netto Marken-Discount store brand "Markttag". It is now the umbrella brand of the popular store brands "Erntefrisch" and "PremiumN" and offers customers the best possible transparency and a clear proof of origin in four different product categories. Other store brands, like "BioBio" and "Ein Herz für Erzeuger" will still be continued independently.
The new Netto store brand "Markttag" is offering consumers a diverse shopping cart with more than 40 products from the fruit and vegetable department. What's special about this brand is the unique selling point: Transparent producer origin. Every article has their individual QR code which can be scanned at home or right at the Netto store to comfortably find out about every step - from the producer to the packer. This is made possible by the platform of the Netto service-partner mynetfair. This unique offer of transparency, Netto is the first discounter to emphasize their high standards when it comes to freshness and quality.
"Our store brand 'Markttag' is yet another milestone in our mostly regional product range in the fruit and vegetable section. By using the QR code, our customers can find reliable information about the origin of their produce, growing trust in the quality of our products," says Stefanie Adler, corporate communications at Netto Marken-Discount.
The straightforward design of the packaging with the red and yellow "Markttag" logo is used to create an attractive brand image. Next to the large product name to make the produce more noticeable, there is lots of space left on the label for additional information and the QR code. There are different categories, which, in addition to the product name, give information about the origin: Regional, Germany, International and Premium. The "Premium" category is for products from producers who grow their fruits and vegetables adhering to the highest standards and only using the best varieties. The new "Markttag" products are available now in all 4,170 Netto store locations in Germany.
Publication date: 9/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: