Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
90% of the fruit exported from Thailand to Vietnam was sold to China
On September 13, on Vietnamese television, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam revealed that imports of fresh fruits to Vietnam from January to August this year amounted to 18 trillion VND (about 800 million US dollars). That is 3.2 times higher than the Thai fruit imported last year.
90% of the fruit was sold to China. It takes 12 days in general to transport fruits from Thailand to China by sea and only 2 days to transport them through Vietnam. The second option is much more profitable, since it saves time and lowers transportation cost.
Source: Ministry of Commerce
Publication date: 9/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: