Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
90% of the fruit exported from Thailand to Vietnam was sold to China
On September 13, on Vietnamese television, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam revealed that imports of fresh fruits to Vietnam from January to August this year amounted to 18 trillion VND (about 800 million US dollars). That is 3.2 times higher than the Thai fruit imported last year.
90% of the fruit was sold to China. It takes 12 days in general to transport fruits from Thailand to China by sea and only 2 days to transport them through Vietnam. The second option is much more profitable, since it saves time and lowers transportation cost.
Source: Ministry of Commerce
Publication date: 9/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: