Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
"Michel Pure Taste"
Pure fruit juice delight from cold-pressed fresh juicesMichel, a fruit juice brand that is well known in Switzerland, launches "Michel Pure Taste", a new line of products with, for the first time, cold-pressed fresh juice. Cold-pressed from fresh fruits and made long-life by a gentle high pressure process, these juices are as fresh as home-made juices and offer juice lovers the delight of the taste of pure fruit.
Since 1983, beverage producer Rivella has produced and distributed fruit juices and fruit juice products under the brand name Michel. Due to their newly launched product line "Michel Pure Taste", Rivella enters the market of fruit juices for the first time. "Cold fruit juices are a trend. We have never entered this market before now," Erland Brügger, director of Rivella, explains. "A Michel juice will taste even better than all the others. That is why we have deliberately chosen for the best fresh juices, the so-called cold-pressed HPP-juices,' Brügger continues. HPP stands for "High Pressure Processing": a technology that makes fresh food products more preservable by using a gentle high pressure without heating them. "Thanks to this new process and the use of fresh fruits, we can offer our customers the pure taste of fruit and clearly distinguish ourselves from competitors," the Rivella director says.
Watch this video if you want to know more about the production process.
The secret of its taste lies in the processing
At present, the largest part of available fresh juices in the refrigerated section is being pasteurised by using heat. Heat has a negative impact on the taste and the vitamins. "Michel Pure Taste" juices are not heated at all. The daily delivered fresh fruits and vegetables are being peeled, cold-pressed, put into bottles and made preservable in a special machine with high pressure. The pressure kills any bacteria. The biggest advantage compared to pasteurising with heat is: vitamins. Nutrients and natural tastes are preserved in the best possible way during this cold process. The juice remains fresh and keeps its pure fruity taste. "Michel Pure Taste" juices are natural, without preservatives, yet preservable, as long as they are stored in the refrigerator.
"Michel Pure Taste" comes in three flavours as of mid-September 2017, namely 'Orange', 'Passion fruit-Banana-Orange' and 'Strawberry-Orange'. The drinks can be found in the refrigerator section in several supermarkets, selected bakeries and coffee bars. Especially for restaurants and hotels, "Michel Pure Taste Orange" and "Michel Pure Taste Strawberry-Orange" will be made available in larger 1 litre bottles.
For more information:
Neue Industriestrasse 10
Tel. +41 62 785 41 11
Fax +41 62 785 44 36
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: