Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkish lemons expect good prices
A normal season has started for Meyer lemons, with fine skin and a good juice content and the Interdonato variety, with thick and shiny skin.
The cut will therefore be authorized from the 15th of September and exported from the 21st of September 2017.
Compared with last season, it is 20 days late for Lemon Meyer but 2 days early for Lemon Interdonato.
According to early estimates, the Meyer lemon crop will be similar to the previous season but a sharp reduction in the Interdonato lemon crop is expected due to very poor weather conditions in December and February in the production area in Adana, in the south-east of Turkey.
As the Southern Hemisphere season ended earlier than expected, prices should be good for producers and exporters.
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: