Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkish lemons expect good prices
A normal season has started for Meyer lemons, with fine skin and a good juice content and the Interdonato variety, with thick and shiny skin.
The cut will therefore be authorized from the 15th of September and exported from the 21st of September 2017.
Compared with last season, it is 20 days late for Lemon Meyer but 2 days early for Lemon Interdonato.
According to early estimates, the Meyer lemon crop will be similar to the previous season but a sharp reduction in the Interdonato lemon crop is expected due to very poor weather conditions in December and February in the production area in Adana, in the south-east of Turkey.
As the Southern Hemisphere season ended earlier than expected, prices should be good for producers and exporters.
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: