Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkish lemons expect good prices
A normal season has started for Meyer lemons, with fine skin and a good juice content and the Interdonato variety, with thick and shiny skin.
The cut will therefore be authorized from the 15th of September and exported from the 21st of September 2017.
Compared with last season, it is 20 days late for Lemon Meyer but 2 days early for Lemon Interdonato.
According to early estimates, the Meyer lemon crop will be similar to the previous season but a sharp reduction in the Interdonato lemon crop is expected due to very poor weather conditions in December and February in the production area in Adana, in the south-east of Turkey.
As the Southern Hemisphere season ended earlier than expected, prices should be good for producers and exporters.
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: