Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian onion exports fall by 14%
Onion exports fell 14 per cent to 9.45 lakh tonnes during April-June of this fiscal, as against 10.98 lakh tonnes in the year-ago period, official data showed.
Realisation from exports stood at Rs 11,621.97 per tonne in the said period. The total value of exports stood at Rs 1,098.58 crore and the volumes 9.45 lakh tonnes in April-June of 2017-18, according to the data maintained by the National Horticultural Research and Development Foundation (NHRDF).
On average, 2.5-3 lakh tonnes of onions are shipped on a monthly basis. The new onion crop from the 2017-18 kharif season has started arriving in the market and the crop is projected to be better despite poor rains in some growing states.
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: