Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California Medjool date harvest in full swing
The Medjool date harvest is underway in California, but according to date producer Pure Palm, it is a bit late this year.
“This year’s harvest was about 10 days later than last year in California’s Coachella Valley, but in line with the traditional start date which is usually the last week in August or first week of September,” says Ben Antongiovanni, President of Pure Palm Produce.
“Harvest came just in time as we finished up shipments of last year’s crop and had a seamless transition to new crop Medjool dates with no hold over.” Medjool dates are harvested in the fall and stored and shipped 365 days a year.
“It is our job to keep our retail partner supplied year-round and get them into new crop as soon as possible. That mean precise forecasting for the summer month to insure no customer is shorted and we have shipped out all previous year crop as new crop is starting to be packed.”
Pure Palm also produces a full line of value added California Pitted Dates, Chopped Dates, Golden Zahidi Dates, Coconut Date Rolls and Almond Date Rolls.
For more information:
Pure Palm Produce
Tel: +1 661 480 2430
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: