Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California Medjool date harvest in full swing
The Medjool date harvest is underway in California, but according to date producer Pure Palm, it is a bit late this year.
“This year’s harvest was about 10 days later than last year in California’s Coachella Valley, but in line with the traditional start date which is usually the last week in August or first week of September,” says Ben Antongiovanni, President of Pure Palm Produce.
“Harvest came just in time as we finished up shipments of last year’s crop and had a seamless transition to new crop Medjool dates with no hold over.” Medjool dates are harvested in the fall and stored and shipped 365 days a year.
“It is our job to keep our retail partner supplied year-round and get them into new crop as soon as possible. That mean precise forecasting for the summer month to insure no customer is shorted and we have shipped out all previous year crop as new crop is starting to be packed.”
Pure Palm also produces a full line of value added California Pitted Dates, Chopped Dates, Golden Zahidi Dates, Coconut Date Rolls and Almond Date Rolls.
For more information:
Pure Palm Produce
Tel: +1 661 480 2430
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: