Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fall in S Korean onion production brings opportunities for Chinese exporters
"The early dry weather in South Korea has led to a decrease in the onion production of 30%, compared to last year. This brings about new opportunities for the Chinese onion export," states Mr. Green Bai of Dalian Nong Chang International Trade Co. Ltd.
Employees sorting onions
"South Korea prefers to import onions from China for two reasons. Firstly, on the South Korean market, the most popular onions are yellow onions. This is the main breed of many Chinese onion production areas. Furthermore, compared to other neighboring countries like Japan, the Chinese trading costs are relatively low, especially the purchasing price."
Onion processing facility
Processing and storage facility
"Our company has its own production as well as collectively managed onion fields in Gansu, amounting to around 1500 hectares (15000 mu). We mainly export yellow onions. Recently, the South Korean need for imported onions has undoubtedly offered us the opportunity to increase our export. However, I think that the demand from the South Korean market is very unstable."
Employees loading packed onions
Onions waiting to be exported
"To avoid trade risks, we use diversified sales tactics. Apart from exporting to South Korea, we also export to Japan, Europe, South East Asia, America and Russia. In the future, the demand from South East Asia will definitely increase."
Dalian Nong Chang International Trade Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 411 39262785
WeChat&Whatsapp: +86 188 4087 9071
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: