Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan to export more hazelnuts to Russia
The Azerbaijan company "Azerstar" has signed an agreement with two Russian companies for the export of Azerbaijani hazelnuts.
With the new deal, the country will export more hazelnuts to its northern neighbour than last year, with exports to reach $30 million. The agreement was signed at the 26th WorldFood Moscow International Food Exhibition in Moscow.
Currently, Azerbaijan is one of the five leading producers and exporters of hazelnuts along with Turkey, Georgia, Italy and the U.S. Hazel farming, among agricultural products, brings the most currency to the country, with $105 million earned in 2016.
Azerbaijan exports not only hazelnuts in their shells but all types of processed hazelnuts to EU and CIS countries. Nearly 25 countries, including Italy, Germany and Russia are the main consumers of Azerbaijani hazelnuts. In addition, Middle Eastern countries have emerged as potential markets for Azerbaijani hazelnuts.
In 2014, Azerbaijani suppliers managed to take the leading position on hazelnut supplies to Russia bypassing 13 countries, including Turkey, outstripping it by 60 percent. The dynamics of trade showed that in 2015 Azerbaijan and Turkey were almost on par over the export of hazelnut to the Russian market. Thus, deliveries from Azerbaijan amounted to 3,100, and from Turkey – 2,400 tons.
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: