Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan to export more hazelnuts to Russia
The Azerbaijan company "Azerstar" has signed an agreement with two Russian companies for the export of Azerbaijani hazelnuts.
With the new deal, the country will export more hazelnuts to its northern neighbour than last year, with exports to reach $30 million. The agreement was signed at the 26th WorldFood Moscow International Food Exhibition in Moscow.
Currently, Azerbaijan is one of the five leading producers and exporters of hazelnuts along with Turkey, Georgia, Italy and the U.S. Hazel farming, among agricultural products, brings the most currency to the country, with $105 million earned in 2016.
Azerbaijan exports not only hazelnuts in their shells but all types of processed hazelnuts to EU and CIS countries. Nearly 25 countries, including Italy, Germany and Russia are the main consumers of Azerbaijani hazelnuts. In addition, Middle Eastern countries have emerged as potential markets for Azerbaijani hazelnuts.
In 2014, Azerbaijani suppliers managed to take the leading position on hazelnut supplies to Russia bypassing 13 countries, including Turkey, outstripping it by 60 percent. The dynamics of trade showed that in 2015 Azerbaijan and Turkey were almost on par over the export of hazelnut to the Russian market. Thus, deliveries from Azerbaijan amounted to 3,100, and from Turkey – 2,400 tons.
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: