Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenneth Meyer, Natural Tropic:
"Spanish domestic market growing for mangoes and avocados"
The season of the Osteen mango has burst loose again at Spanish production company Natural Tropic. "I expect to have around the same volume at our disposal in Spain as last year. The plantations have good quality," says Kenneth Meyer.
"The prices of the Spanish mango are always slightly higher than the product from Israel and Senegal at the start of the season, so that is always something the buyers have to get used to, but you can see that the prices have already gone down to a level between 8.50 and 9.50 Euro for the conventional mangoes and 9.50 - 10.50 Euro for the organic mangoes. Traditionally, you see the price slump from the start of the season, after which it pulls itself up again in mid October," says Kenneth.
Natural Tropic is investing heavily in the planting of new mangoes. The company's area now consists of around 60 hectares of organic and 70 hectares of conventional cultivation, from both their own and rented fields. "Our customers are mainly located in Germany, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. But the Spanish domestic market for mangoes and avocados is growing year by year. Now we are still in the imported avocados, but we will be starting with the Bacon avocados at the end of the month, followed by Fuerte in mid October, and the Hass in mid November. So there are good months coming," concludes Kenneth.
For more information:
Natural Tropic S.L.
C/Juan Gris 20 P.I. La Pañoleta. Vélez-Málaga, Spain
T +34 952507709
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: