Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenneth Meyer, Natural Tropic:
"Spanish domestic market growing for mangoes and avocados"
The season of the Osteen mango has burst loose again at Spanish production company Natural Tropic. "I expect to have around the same volume at our disposal in Spain as last year. The plantations have good quality," says Kenneth Meyer.
"The prices of the Spanish mango are always slightly higher than the product from Israel and Senegal at the start of the season, so that is always something the buyers have to get used to, but you can see that the prices have already gone down to a level between 8.50 and 9.50 Euro for the conventional mangoes and 9.50 - 10.50 Euro for the organic mangoes. Traditionally, you see the price slump from the start of the season, after which it pulls itself up again in mid October," says Kenneth.
Natural Tropic is investing heavily in the planting of new mangoes. The company's area now consists of around 60 hectares of organic and 70 hectares of conventional cultivation, from both their own and rented fields. "Our customers are mainly located in Germany, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. But the Spanish domestic market for mangoes and avocados is growing year by year. Now we are still in the imported avocados, but we will be starting with the Bacon avocados at the end of the month, followed by Fuerte in mid October, and the Hass in mid November. So there are good months coming," concludes Kenneth.
For more information:
Natural Tropic S.L.
C/Juan Gris 20 P.I. La Pańoleta. Vélez-Málaga, Spain
T +34 952507709
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: