Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Syria and Lebanon seek to increase agricultural trade
The Ministries of Agriculture and Foreign Trade of the Syrian government are preparing to meet with the Lebanese Ministry of Agriculture to discuss the export of products between the two countries.
"A meeting is scheduled next week to negotiate the export of a number of agricultural products," stated the head of the Syrian-Lebanese Higher Council, Nasri Khoury, to the state-run al-Baath newspaper on Monday (11 September).
Khoury added that Lebanese exports to Syria will consist mainly of bananas and potatoes, while the export of milk and its derivatives from Syria to Lebanon will be discussed.
This comes in light of the Lebanese government's efforts to form joint committees to encourage trade-agricultural cooperation with the Syrian regime government, pending the opening of the Rafah crossing and its use as a commercial corridor to the Gulf States.
Local Lebanese websites reported on 6 September that Lebanese Agriculture Minister Ghazi Zuaiter would visit Syria in mid-July to discuss the issue of commercial routes.
Lebanon seeks to restore the export of vegetables and fruits to the Arabian Gulf via land routes, which has been suspended since 2012.
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: