Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Auchan Romania sold domestic fruit and veg worth 5 million Euro in July
Recent figures have shown that, this summer, Romanian stores are selling much larger volumes of Romanian products than imported ones.
"In terms of value, in July we sell fruits worth about 15 million lei (about 3.26 million Euro) and vegetables worth 8 million lei (about 1.74 million Euro). In the same month, over 65% of products, fruits and vegetables sold by Auchan are of Romanian origin," said representatives of Auchan Romania. According to them, the percentages differ by category. Over 80% of vegetables are of Romanian origin, while for fruits the share exceeds 30%, namely because the fruit category includes "top retail" items intended for fresh consumption or salads such as bananas, lemons, oranges, avocados, etc.
"If in the fruit segment we take into account only those grown in Romania, then in the case of fruits we also have over 80% Romanian products on the shelves," stated the representatives of the retailer.
In July, the company sold over 2,100 tonnes of Romanian vegetables. Most of the demand was for white potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers and yellow peppers.
"As for fruit, in July we sold over 2,200 tonnes and the most popular were watermelons, peaches, melons, apricots and cherries," they said.
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: