Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian startup purifies contaminated fruit & veg with 95% efficiency
Indian consumers are growing ever conscious of contaminants on food in the country. Be it wax on apples, artificial colours on fruits and vegetables, pesticide contamination and more. Because of this growing awareness, organic food has been gaining immense popularity, but one startup is going even further than organic.
A Hyderabad-based startup, Purin Technologies, has developed a technology that can help change that. Founded in early 2016, Purin has built a system that purifies fruits and vegetables up to 95%. And this process involves nothing but water. Completely removing the use of chemicals.
Similar to the process of photosynthesis, Purin has built a system that uses a combination of light, water and ozone.
The vegetables are placed inside the purifying machine. Once switched on, the process takes about 25-34 minutes. The control board of the machine it has built gives currents at appropriate times based on what’s being purified.
Koshal Yerramshetty, Director, Purin Foods says that the process brings the food product back to its more natural state, thus making it healthier and helping it last longer.
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: