Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bakker Brothers to present new innovations in veg at Open Days
Innovations in carrot, eggplant, tomato, peppers and bean varieties plus countless other developments in the wide range of vegetable seeds for both growers and vegetable processors will be just some of the highlights at this years International Open Days of Bakker Brothers.
Taking place from the 27th till the 29th September 2017 in Noord Scharwoude,The Netherlands, professionals from the whole vegetable sector will get acquainted with a range of novelties from the complete range of products of this, almost 90-year old, company’s experience, in seed breeding, production and distribution.
This first edition of Bakker Brothers Open Days is a “living catalogue“ of many crops and varieties of this rapid growing seed company. In Noord-Scharwoude customers will visit the demonstration field and exhibition where tomatoes,peppers, eggplant beans, carrots, sweet corn, squash, corn, pumpkins and butternuts are presented.
Spearheads from the breeding programs and specific developments per crop group are highlighted and visitors will get the opportunity to discuss ideas with Bakker Brothers’ crop specialists.
Bakker Brothers is well-known in the Middle-East, Africa and the Mediterranean countries, focusing breeding- screening on stations in The Netherlands, Jordan and South Africa and variety-testing on stations throughout the world, especially on the breeding of beans, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes and carrots.
The company is launching new varieties of these crops where the breeding accent is mainly on aspects such as yield, color, shape, firmness, disease resistance and uniformity. The beans portfolio, which extends across all types (dwarf french, flat and pole beans for the fresh market) will in the foreseeable future be expanded to develop varieties for the vegetable processing industry.
For more information:
Gebroeders Bakker Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel BV
Tel: +31 0 226 331364
Mob: +31 613140118
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: