Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Bakker Brothers to present new innovations in veg at Open Days
Innovations in carrot, eggplant, tomato, peppers and bean varieties plus countless other developments in the wide range of vegetable seeds for both growers and vegetable processors will be just some of the highlights at this years International Open Days of Bakker Brothers.
Taking place from the 27th till the 29th September 2017 in Noord Scharwoude,The Netherlands, professionals from the whole vegetable sector will get acquainted with a range of novelties from the complete range of products of this, almost 90-year old, company’s experience, in seed breeding, production and distribution.
This first edition of Bakker Brothers Open Days is a “living catalogue“ of many crops and varieties of this rapid growing seed company. In Noord-Scharwoude customers will visit the demonstration field and exhibition where tomatoes,peppers, eggplant beans, carrots, sweet corn, squash, corn, pumpkins and butternuts are presented.
Spearheads from the breeding programs and specific developments per crop group are highlighted and visitors will get the opportunity to discuss ideas with Bakker Brothers’ crop specialists.
Bakker Brothers is well-known in the Middle-East, Africa and the Mediterranean countries, focusing breeding- screening on stations in The Netherlands, Jordan and South Africa and variety-testing on stations throughout the world, especially on the breeding of beans, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes and carrots.
The company is launching new varieties of these crops where the breeding accent is mainly on aspects such as yield, color, shape, firmness, disease resistance and uniformity. The beans portfolio, which extends across all types (dwarf french, flat and pole beans for the fresh market) will in the foreseeable future be expanded to develop varieties for the vegetable processing industry.
For more information:
Gebroeders Bakker Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel BV
Tel: +31 0 226 331364
Mob: +31 613140118
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: