Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AHDB Exports look to strike a deal at Potato Europe
With over 250 exhibitors, and 15,000 visitors from around the world, Potato Europe is a key marketplace for the GB potato sector, and it is estimated that hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of business will be instigated at the event.
AHDB host a stand at this event to support the development of GB export activity; assisting levy payers to actively build their businesses, as well as supporting and enhancing the reputation of the British potato industry abroad.
AHDB Exports will also use the opportunity to share the activities of our export team over 2017/18, with a specific focus on our work (with SASA and James Hutton Ltd) to open the Kenyan market to GB seed exports.
Looking forward to striking a deal
For the AHDB Export Team, who are constantly working to open or improve access to markets for British exporters, the event offers the opportunity to connect with key contacts.
Rob Burns, AHDB’s Head of Crop Trade Market Development, will be on hand, gathering intelligence and discussing the benefits of GB’s high health seed potato sector.
Rob Burns, AHDB’s Head of Crop Trade Market Development says: “Britain currently exports seed potatoes to over 30 countries worldwide and AHDB is currently working on plans to both develop new markets and increase volumes currently going in to existing markets.”
“We are looking to increase our exports in a number of areas including Russia, the Middle East and Brazil and the show offers us the chance to continue discussions with these target markets.”
“Middle East and the Gulf states are of particular interest as potential new markets as their previous suppliers of seed potatoes have limited production as part of water saving measures.”
Source: AHDB Potatoes
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: