Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Egyptian exports to UAE increase by 7%
Egyptian exports to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have increased to register $1.204bn in the first half of the current year compared $1.126bn in the same period of last year, an increase of 7%, according to Egyptian Minister of Trade and Industry Tarek Kabil.
For his part, Egyptian Commercial Service (ECA) head, Ahmed Antar, said that the boom in Egyptian exports during the aforementioned period contributed to the increase in the surplus of the trade balance between the two countries to $735m for Egypt compared to $685m during the same period last year.
Antar added that the increase in exports to the UAE is attributed to the success of promotional efforts by the ECA in Abu Dhabi in providing consumers in the UAE of different nationalities with details of Egyptian products through Egyptian participation in various exhibitions held in the UAE.
The main items of Egyptian exports to the UAE market were fresh oranges, fresh onions, fresh potatoes and frozen vegetables, among others, Antar said.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: