Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Latvia to lower VAT on fruit & veg
The ruling coalition in Latvia agreed to support the proposal of the Ministry of agriculture to reduce the rate of value added tax (VAT) on typical Latvian fruits, berries and vegetables from 21% to 5%.
The decision was taken by the partners to the government after the meeting, said the Prime Minister Maris Kuchinskis, writes Gorod.lv.
As pointed out by Benzamidine of Latvia, the VAT reduction will contribute to the development of the industry of horticulture and gardening and legal trafficking of these products on the market.
The Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of economy said earlier that they do not support the initiative of Benzamidine.
So, the Finance Minister Dana Reizniece-Ozola said that they will support the proposal of the Ministry of agriculture to reduce the rate of VAT from 21% to 5%, if certain conditions are met. In particular, the reduced VAT rate should help producers and buyers, leading to lower prices.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: