Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Tare weight" takes up 40% of packaged fruit
Netizens have now shown that, when buying fruit, they are paying mostly for the paper inside the carton. In the fruit packaging from most sellers, varying amounts of paper can be found. This paper cannot be seen from the outside. The most excessive example is mangoes: in a package of 12.5 kilograms of mangoes, sellers have put over 4.5 kilograms of paper! This paper is called tare weight. The excessive tare weight on mangoes appears to be an unwritten rule in the industry.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: