Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Up to 300,000 tomatoes from Turkey to be allowed into RussiaPlans for Turkey's seasonal tomato exports to Russia, which have been subject to bargaining between Moscow and Ankara for more than one year, have begun to crystallize, as the upcoming meeting between the Turkish and Russian delegations on Sept. 14 is expected to result in the acquiring of export visas for between 100,000 to 300,000 tons of tomato exports for the October-May period, according to a report by Turkish daily Hürriyet.
Turkish tomatoes will be allowed to enter the Russian market from Oct. 1 until April or May of next year. It is planned that the scope of the purchase will include between 100,000 tons and 300,000 tons of tomatoes, for a defined period of time. Turkey will have the opportunity to recapture previous numbers in terms of export volume to Russia, which registered at 338,000 tons prior to 2015.
Read more at the Daily Sabah
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: