Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ronnie Moorman, Willem Dijk: "Good Filosofo season expected"
First Spanish Iwasaki mandarins arriveThe first Iwasaki mandarins, under the Filosofo brand, arrived at Willem Dijk AGF today. On Friday, Willem Senior was in Spain to inspect this prime fruit. "We are two weeks earlier than last year. There have been other brands on the market already, but these are, according to my taste, too immature and not yet sweet enough", says Ronnie Moorman. He is expecting a good citrus season. "The taste is well above average and the sizes are good."
"The Spanish mandarin season is starting with higher prices than last year. It is expected that the Iwasaki's volumes will be the same, but the fruit will be larger. Within about a month or so, the mandarin season will be followed by the first Clementines", says Ronnie. "In the Netherlands, the demand is reasonably good. Germany usually enters the market later, since colour and taste is more important to them."
Besides the citrus from Filosofo, Willem Dijk also receives citrus from other Spanish suppliers. "We still have an ample supply of SanLucar mandarins. There is also sufficient oranges and juicing oranges available and there will be enough lemons", Ronnie expects.
For more information:
Willem Dijk AGF
+31 653 374 274
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: