Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Young South African farmers encouraged to carry on despite struggles
The Deputy Minister in the Presidency, Buti Manamela, in South Africa has encouraged young farmers to soldier on despite the difficulties they face.
The Deputy Minister on Friday addressed the eighth edition of #BackChat, hosted by his ministry in Polokwane, Limpopo. The #BackChat sessions are a platform for youth to interact with government on matters that affect their lives and the country's development.
He assured young farmers attending the session that he will assist them by taking their concerns to the relevant institutions.
"Let us keep moving forward. Let us not be discouraged. We will finally succeed," Deputy Minister Manamela told young farmers, who have been encountering difficulties in accessing official assistance.
The Deputy Minister said he is impressed by the young farmers, who are contributing to the country's economy.
#BackChat sessions are hosted by the Presidency to engage youth, get their views and take good suggestions forward for implementation.
During the discussions, the young farmers dispelled the myth that agriculture is an industry for uneducated individuals, who do not require proper training. Many young farmers expressed concern over the lack of access to finance, land and agricultural training. They appealed to government to intervene by providing education and skills training in farming.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: