Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Expoalimentaria predicted to generate business worth $800M
Expoalimentaria, the largest food fair in Latin America, will bring together in a single venue the most varied food offer, not only from Peru —among which ‘Super Foods’ will be highlighted—, but other countries, said the president of the Association of Exporters (ADEX), Juan Varilias Velásquez, who estimates that the fair could generate business worth about US$ 800 million.
The event, declared by the Peruvian government to be of 'National Interest', will be held from September 27th to 29th at the Jockey Exhibition Center and its main objective is to position the Peruvian exportable offer to the world. In its ninth edition, it will congregate more than 45 thousand visitors from 80 countries, from five continents.
"Expoalimentaria promotes trade between exhibitors and international buyers and is one of the activities that contributes to consolidate the export of food, which between January and July added a total of US $3,166 million, 17% more than in the last year’s same period," Varilias said.
He also highlighted the public-private partnership that allows the fair to be held, especially with the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation (Minagri), Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (Mincetur), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (RR.EE.) and PromPerú.
Exhibitors and buyers
Varilias detailed that the ninth version of the Expoalimentaria will have 503 stands, of which 406 will be national and 97 international. There will be present well-known exporters and producers and small exporters supported by their regional governments; among them, San Martin, Tacna, Huancavelica, Ayacucho, Cusco, Lambayeque and Lima, which will exhibit mango, aguaymanto, grapes, coffee, cacao, quinoa, maca, avocado, asparagus and Andean grains, among others.
The international pavilions that have confirmed their presence are those of China, Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Spain, Indonesia, El Salvador, Japan and Portugal that will offer their products.
Among buyers who will come to Peru interested in the food supply are Aswaaq and Nassar from United Arab Emirates, CJ Freshway from Korea, Pronatura from France, Grocers Supply and Affiliated Foods Inc. from USA, El Angel from Costa Rica and Bhumi from India, who come for fresh products such as asparagus, avocado, mango and 'Super Foods' like sacha inchi, cacao and maca.
Three conventions will be held in the Expoalimentaria fair: the IX Organic Products Convention (Wednesday, September 27th); the V International Convention on Markets and Trends (Thursday, September 28th); and the VI Food Packaging Convention (Friday, September 29th).
In addition, they will honor companies’ innovation in the development of new and better products in the food industry in the 'Innovation Competition', whose final products will be exhibited in the Innovation Hall.
At the event Expoalimentaria organizers will host several halls, among them the 'Culinary Hall'. In this hall, renowned chefs will prepare various recipes with products from the exportable offer, including the 'Super Foods'. Palmiro Ocampo, Flavio Solórzano, Raúl Cenzano, Francesco Delfino, Franco Kisic, Christian Bravo, Antonio Zavala, Diego Balarezo, Marilú Madueño and, for the first time, the chef Ídolo Giusti from Brazil will be present.
For more information:
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: