Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
LGS Specialty Sales unveils new avocado and clementine branding
LGS Specialty Sales (LGS), an importer and distributor of citrus and avocados, has announced the unveiling of its newly revamped Darling Clementines and Suavo Avocado product branding. With packaging designs currently underway, the new branding is expected to hit stores in late November.
The branding project kicked off in late 2016, with the company first taking an extensive look at consumer trends and competitive branding in both categories in order to define a unique position and ensure relevance with today’s citrus and avocado shoppers.
“Darling Clementines and Suavo Avocado have been around for 26 and 14 years respectively, and while our commitment to quality, packaging, service and food safety have been the driving force behind our long-time success in these categories, we knew there was value in enhancing our positioning to the consumer – not just for us, but for our retail partners as well,” said Luke Sears, president and founder of LGS.
“The clementine and avocado categories are experiencing unprecedented sales growth, and we are committed to playing an active role in the development and health of both categories in every aspect of our business, including marketing.”
Introduced with a vintage aesthetic, Darling Clementines was one of the first clementine brands to enter the US market in 1991.The decision to move toward a more contemporary brand styling was spurred by the desire for the brand to connect with today’s more savvy and informed shopper.
Suavo Avocado launched in 2003 to meet the growing demand for avocados in the US market. With excellent product marketing over the last 10 years, avocados have evolved from a specialty, ethnic item to a more mainstream fruit known for its healthy and flavorful contributions to an array of food applications.
“Our end goal is to create brand relevance and trust with both our Darling Clementines and Suavo Avocado product lines.“ Sears added. “We owe it to our retail partners and consumers to do our part in communicating our commitment to quality and consistency, and we believe that evolving our brand presentation is just one of the ways that we can do that.”
The new branding will soon be launched on a new website, across social platforms and on packaging to ensure a uniform presentation through all consumer touchpoints.
LGS will be exhibiting at PMA Fresh Summit October 19-21 at booth #2101.
For more information:
Tel: +1 718 542 2200
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: