Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh SummitA decade. That’s how long Oxnard, Ca.-based Freska Produce International LLC has been attending the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit conference as an exibitor.
“New Orleans is always a fun venue for the show, this represents our 10th year of having a booth on the show floor at PMA,” says Freska’s Gary Clevenger.
Clevenger notes that the show is a solid opportunity to meet current customers and discuss what’s coming soon in the industry as well as touching base with them as to what to expect regarding current trends in its particular commodities, mangoes and avocados.
Old and new connections
“We feel that it’s a great way to keep a presence in the industry,” says Clevenger. “We’re here to support the industry and we’re here to promote our products and support our customers too with new information and possibly make new connections. It’s a great way to see all our customers and growers in one place.”
Both mangoes and avocados will be on full display at Freska’s booth. “We’ll have samples of our clamshells and club pack boxes as well as some other bag and case packs we can do. We plan on presenting new some packs to see what kind of acceptance we see in the industry,” Clevenger says. He also noted that visitors to the booth will also be welcome to the surprise refreshments Freska has available.
“And we have new information every year about what’s happening in the mango business. No two years are ever the same and the upcoming year will be no different,” he adds.
Fun time on the side
Meanwhile while business is top of mind, Clevenger has some tips for downtime activities too. “Stay away from Bourbon Street,” he says with a chuckle. “Get out to eat some Cajun food, find a good Jambalaya or Gumbo. Because there’s plenty to do in this town including getting some business done.”
For more information:
Freska Produce International
+1 805 650 1040
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: