Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh SummitA decade. That’s how long Oxnard, Ca.-based Freska Produce International LLC has been attending the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit conference as an exibitor.
“New Orleans is always a fun venue for the show, this represents our 10th year of having a booth on the show floor at PMA,” says Freska’s Gary Clevenger.
Clevenger notes that the show is a solid opportunity to meet current customers and discuss what’s coming soon in the industry as well as touching base with them as to what to expect regarding current trends in its particular commodities, mangoes and avocados.
Old and new connections
“We feel that it’s a great way to keep a presence in the industry,” says Clevenger. “We’re here to support the industry and we’re here to promote our products and support our customers too with new information and possibly make new connections. It’s a great way to see all our customers and growers in one place.”
Both mangoes and avocados will be on full display at Freska’s booth. “We’ll have samples of our clamshells and club pack boxes as well as some other bag and case packs we can do. We plan on presenting new some packs to see what kind of acceptance we see in the industry,” Clevenger says. He also noted that visitors to the booth will also be welcome to the surprise refreshments Freska has available.
“And we have new information every year about what’s happening in the mango business. No two years are ever the same and the upcoming year will be no different,” he adds.
Fun time on the side
Meanwhile while business is top of mind, Clevenger has some tips for downtime activities too. “Stay away from Bourbon Street,” he says with a chuckle. “Get out to eat some Cajun food, find a good Jambalaya or Gumbo. Because there’s plenty to do in this town including getting some business done.”
For more information:
Freska Produce International
+1 805 650 1040
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: