Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Imported pears up 16.9% from January to August
In the period from January - August of this year, Peru's pear imports amounted to 16,708,323 kilos, an increase of 16.9% compared to the 14,294,575 kilos acquired in that same period for 2016.
As was indicated by the website Agrodata Peru, who pointed out that in terms of value Peru imported pears for US $ 12,902,163 in the first 8 months of 2017, up 14% compared to the US $ 11,317,021 reached during the same months during the previous year.
He also pointed out that Peru's main supplier of pears is Chile, which sent fruit worth US $ 10,509,870, which represented 81.5% of the total imported by Peru. Other supplier countries were Argentina with US $ 2,292,645 and the United States with US $ 99,648.
Among the main importers of pears are Menflo Hermanos, who imported 13% of the total value, WSW with 10%, Honey Fruit Import & Export with 8%, Cencosud Retail Peru with 6%, Oregon Foods with 4% Import and Export Melfrut with 4%, Agropac G & R Peru with 4%, Peque with 3% and Distribuidora Sian Len 2%, among others.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: