Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Soreli unity produces quality resultsThe 2017 Chilean Soreli crop produced excellent quality with grower and marketing company's working in a coordinated manner to achieve these standards.
A good crop of quality Soreli fruit will be picked in Italy and Greece in the next few weeks.
The Soreli licensed marketers in Europe are phasing in the use of the Gesvatec labelling system which will be a mark of assurance of legality (a legal origin warranty) and a guide for the retail trade to purchase quality fruit picked at the correct maturity.
All legal Soreli producers have the right of access to the Gesvatec labelling system through licensed marketing companies and their associated packers.
Retailers and the Trade are encouraged to seek out Soreli fruit with the Gesvatec labels so as to ensure continuity of quality on the shelf.
Fruit packed by licensed marketers will adhere to minimum quality standards.
The following marketers are licensed to pack and market Soreli in the EU: Sofruileg - France, Kolios - Greece, KiwiCoop - Portugal and in Italy - Gullino, Ceradini, Quaranta, Mazzoni, Brero, Convi, Agricolibio (Organic), Fruilikiwi, OP Monte.
The Soreli is the earliest maturing yellow fleshed variety; under large scale commercial production, that opens the Northern Hemisphere marketing season.
Italian Soreli growers have seen excellent on farm returns over the past seven years and look to using the licensed marketing platforms to sustain these prices in the future.
Soreli is under licensed production in Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Turkey, China, USA, Chile and South Africa.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: