Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: "Very good year expected for onions"
The start of the campaign has been very different to that of the previous season, as onion prices are substantially higher. They have gone from an average of 0.19 Euro per kilo for the product already packaged to 0.26 Euro per kilo at the moment. "2017 will be a good year for onions in terms of prices. It will be better that the previous campaign; in fact, it already is," affirms a representative of Cebollas Bernal.
This Murcia-based company, which sells 6,000 tonnes of purple and sweet onions, is seeing its production increase year after year. "It's difficult to give an accurate estimate, because everything depends on the weather, but we can say that every year our production grows a little," states David Bernal.
At the moment, Cebollas Bernal only trades nationwide, but they do not rule out opening new markets if the possibility arises.
For more information:
David y Ginés Bernal
Cebollas Bernal CB
Tel.: +34 968 748 105 / +34 618 310 901 (David Bernal)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: