Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Industry tomato campaign almost over"Ripening occurred in just a few weeks, thus shortening the campaign. While our tomato season generally lasts 8-9 weeks, it only lasted 6 this year. This was due to the high temperatures in July and August," explains Arturo Santini, owner of La Cesenate. Yields were good, while quality was sometimes affected by the heat.
At times, processing companies had to deal with quantities that exceeded plant capacity. From an agronomic point of view, the lack of rain fortunately prevented the spreading of fungi, but not everything went smoothly.
Brix levels were affected as stressed plants probably did not accumulate the sugar hoped for.
"We should reach around 45 thousand tons of processed tomatoes, making us a medium-small company. Tomatoes represent 40% of our turnover, the rest is made up of other fruit and vegetable-based products. 14 thousand tons of produce are organic, while the remaining 31 thousand are zero-residue."
La Cesenate exports over 80% of its tomatoes to Europe and Middle and Far East. In Italy, its products are sold under the Alce Nero brand.
La Cesenate Conserve Alimentari
Via Cervese 364,
47521 Cesena - Italy
Tel.: (+39) 0547 631150
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: