Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hawaii's tropical fruit crop value reaches $7.49 million
The farm gate value for Hawaii’s tropical fruit and specialty crops is estimated at $7.49 million for 2016, according to USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service. Cumulative production for fruits and tropical crops was 4.43 million pounds.
This was the first survey for these crops since 2008. At that time, the total value of tropical fruit was $3.99 million with a production of 2.05 million pounds.
The top volume‐producing crop during 2016 was ginger root, with 730,000 pounds of production. Longan was the second largest published volume crop, estimated at 540,000 pounds.
The highest value published crop was ginger root, at $1.7 million in sales.
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: