Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Tasmanian growers adding value for export
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hawaii's tropical fruit crop value reaches $7.49 million
The farm gate value for Hawaii’s tropical fruit and specialty crops is estimated at $7.49 million for 2016, according to USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service. Cumulative production for fruits and tropical crops was 4.43 million pounds.
This was the first survey for these crops since 2008. At that time, the total value of tropical fruit was $3.99 million with a production of 2.05 million pounds.
The top volume‐producing crop during 2016 was ginger root, with 730,000 pounds of production. Longan was the second largest published volume crop, estimated at 540,000 pounds.
The highest value published crop was ginger root, at $1.7 million in sales.
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: