Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hawaii's tropical fruit crop value reaches $7.49 million
The farm gate value for Hawaii’s tropical fruit and specialty crops is estimated at $7.49 million for 2016, according to USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service. Cumulative production for fruits and tropical crops was 4.43 million pounds.
This was the first survey for these crops since 2008. At that time, the total value of tropical fruit was $3.99 million with a production of 2.05 million pounds.
The top volume‐producing crop during 2016 was ginger root, with 730,000 pounds of production. Longan was the second largest published volume crop, estimated at 540,000 pounds.
The highest value published crop was ginger root, at $1.7 million in sales.
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: