Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Tasmanian growers adding value for export
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Mr. Avocado" promotion doubles avocado sales at stores in China
Pagoda Stores and Mr. Avocado are reporting very successful results from a mid-August promotion at Pagoda's 2,500 stores in China.
The event, focusing on retail and online outlets, showed positive results from the outset, with many Pagoda stores doubling their average sales on avocados, and eclipsing 200% their normal movement for the period.
In its first nationwide sales effort, Mr. Avocado worked to educate consumers on enjoying ripe fruit with handling guidelines, recipe ideas and nutrition information.
Some stores stocked avocados for the first time for this promotion, and Pagoda store managers were surprised about the positive reaction from consumers in the market.
In addition to in-store sales, online sales growth doubled as well. The Pagoda App experienced more clicks and more orders than during any previous promotion.
The summer online sale of Mr. Avocado fruit worked in combination with the in-store promotion and shoppers could designate home delivery or pickup at a retail outlet.
According to John Wang, President & CEO of Lantao International and partner in the the Mr. Avocado joint venture with Mission Produce and Pagoda, “The goal of the promotion was to provide a positive experience for consumers in fast delivery of high quality and ‘ready to eat’ Mr. Avocado fruit from just around the corner. We are very happy with the
results of the promotion.”
For More Information:
Tel: +1 805 981 3650
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: