Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
HillFresh is Itaueira Rei melons' exclusive partner
The partnership between HillFresh and Itaueira, grower of the ready-2-eat Rei melons, began almost two years ago. This month, both parties strengthened this relationship by signing a contract making HillFresh Itaueira's exclusive partner in Northern Europe. In addition, they will also focus on distributing these melons in the Spanish and Portuguese markets.
"The manner in which HillFresh tackled the melon sector, with tailor made selections and some one-of-a-kind promotions, has assured Itaueira that this is the logical next step in our cooperation with that company", says Aridana Prado of Itaueira. "HillFresh brings the source closer to the retailer. This results in better collaboration between partners in the chain. These are, however, just a few examples of why we think HillFresh is the right partner for distribution of our Rei melons in Northern Europe."
According to Geerten van Luttikhuizen, who is responsible for importing melons internationally, the Rei melons are a good addition to their melon selection. "The extra attention given to these melons during harvest results in a better tasting melon. These yellow melons can compete with even the tastiest European yellow melons. Itaueira leaves their melons on the vines for long enough and only harvest those that are ripe enough. This means their melons have high brix levels. A minimum brix of 12 to even 15 makes them very tasty."
A box full of melons from HillFresh and Itaureira.
Itaueira is a Brazilian Rei melon grower that supplies their own produce year round. Their Rei melons are GlobalGAP and RainForest Alliance certified. Each melon has an unique code, which allows it to be fully traceable. This emphasises the idea of quality among consumers. The company also noticed that there was a high demand from the retail sector in Europe for this product, says Geerten Luttikhuizen of HillFresh.
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: