Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Kiwis from Zhouzhi hit the market next week
A news conference about the kiwi fruit from Zhouzhi county (Xi'An city) will take place on September 16th in Zhouzhi itself. When the time comes the public brand name for kiwis from Zhouzhi will be announced and the results of the industrial development will be revealed. Several awards for achievements and contributions will also be granted and a major photography contest will be held. There will also be a site visit and ceremony during which the transport vehicles will be dispatched.
According to reports, plantations in Zhouzhi currently cover an area of 28 hectares, and means that Zhouzhi is now the largest kiwi production site in China. Of these 28 hectares, plants in 24 hectares carry fruits. After having gone through inspection and evaluation of the level of ripeness, solubility and solidity, this year's kiwis from Zhouzhi will enter the market en masse in the middle of September. Forecasts estimate a total output of 520 000 tons with a total output value exceeding 410 million EUR (3.2 billion RMB).
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: