Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Panama: The banana revival process is 40% complete
The execution of the contract with Banapiña Panama S.A. is 40% advanced regarding matters of leasing the Nation's lands, and the contractual situation of former Coosemupar employees among others; said the legal advisor of the Ministry of the Presidency, Javier Marquínez.
The high ranking official spoke on the subject during a meeting held by representatives of the Executive with business sectors in Chiriquí to publicize the progress of the legal contract for the reactivation of the banana zone of Baru, informed the Secretary of Communication of the State through a statement.
Marquínez recalled that through the execution of this legal contract more than $ 100 million will be invested over a period of seven years to encourage the reactivation of these banana areas, which would generate more than 3,100 direct jobs, and 12,000 others indirectly.
It is expected that for the month of December the company Banapiña Panama S.A., will be able to enter the Mango and Jobito farms to begin works for the cultivation of the fruit.
The president of the Chamber of Commerce of Barú, Eyra Sánchez, considered that this meeting was of great importance, because with it, the doubts raised about the reactivation of the area, which is a hope not only for this district (Barú), but for other areas such as Alanje and Bocas del Toro, which will benefit from this measure.
The deputy of Barú Carlos Motta, for his part, described as positive the explanations of the Executive to businessmen and residents, as "this is a state issue, in which President Juan Carlos Varela and other sectors are committed."
This agreement was established for 20 years, and once it is implemented, it will activate production of 900 hectares per year, with an annual productivity of approximately 2,275 boxes of bananas per hectare.
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: