Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oregon startup raises $35M to produce mushroom powder
Four-year-old Oregon based MycoTechnology, which makes mushroom-based powders that curb the taste of bitterness or add protein to foods, raised $35 million, according to an SEC filing Aug. 29.
This is the startup’s largest investment round to date, bringing the total amount of outside funds raised to $45.5 million since 2013, according to a tally of SEC documents.
According to its website, ClearTaste is a powder made from the chemical mycelium in mushrooms that is meant to block the taste of bitterness. MycoTechnology says it sells ClearTaste to tea, coffee and alcohol producers looking for a way to fight bitterness without adding more sugar.
PureTaste is a protein source made from Shiitake mushrooms that can be added to pastas, bread, salad dressing or other food. The company says the product was developed as an alternative to animal-based protein.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: