Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Oregon startup raises $35M to produce mushroom powder
Four-year-old Oregon based MycoTechnology, which makes mushroom-based powders that curb the taste of bitterness or add protein to foods, raised $35 million, according to an SEC filing Aug. 29.
This is the startupís largest investment round to date, bringing the total amount of outside funds raised to $45.5 million since 2013, according to a tally of SEC documents.
According to its website, ClearTaste is a powder made from the chemical mycelium in mushrooms that is meant to block the taste of bitterness. MycoTechnology says it sells ClearTaste to tea, coffee and alcohol producers looking for a way to fight bitterness without adding more sugar.
PureTaste is a protein source made from Shiitake mushrooms that can be added to pastas, bread, salad dressing or other food. The company says the product was developed as an alternative to animal-based protein.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: