Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oregon startup raises $35M to produce mushroom powder
Four-year-old Oregon based MycoTechnology, which makes mushroom-based powders that curb the taste of bitterness or add protein to foods, raised $35 million, according to an SEC filing Aug. 29.
This is the startup’s largest investment round to date, bringing the total amount of outside funds raised to $45.5 million since 2013, according to a tally of SEC documents.
According to its website, ClearTaste is a powder made from the chemical mycelium in mushrooms that is meant to block the taste of bitterness. MycoTechnology says it sells ClearTaste to tea, coffee and alcohol producers looking for a way to fight bitterness without adding more sugar.
PureTaste is a protein source made from Shiitake mushrooms that can be added to pastas, bread, salad dressing or other food. The company says the product was developed as an alternative to animal-based protein.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: