Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italian logistics should be better organised
An operator from Emilia-Romagna commercialising onions recently told us that "we find it difficult to find suitable transporters. It doesn't take much when it comes to onions or potatoes, we just need someone that is reliable and can respect what has been agreed. Yet we can't find anyone."
We therefore contacted Massimo Savini from RLA. "Hearing this doesn't come as a surprise as I know of similar cases. It is one of the consequences of the decline in the number of transport operators over the past few years. Which also means that sometimes it's those who don't follow the rules that survive. That's why people are complaining."
According to Savini, the entire chain is affected by inefficient logistics. "In Italy, we're still talking about logistic platforms when they should be the norm. Nowadays, the world moves online and we're still dealing with the lack of motorways and logistic hubs. What is worse, there are still those who consider their warehouse with a few ramps a hub. It doesn't work like that."
Italy lacks an infrastructural network that provides all services, goods pickup and transfer and customs services. "Foreign operators are better organised and that's why they are chosen by Italian companies as well. We need to get better organised and sign agreements to keep up with the times and meet our customers' demands."
Rete logistica agroindustriale
Via Dell'Arrigoni 308, Cesena
Tel.: +39 (0)547 657840
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: