Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: SunProd exports citrus juices and products worldwide"Our company is oriented towards the global market, while at the same time maintaining a deep Sicilian identity. We operate globally thanks to our wide range of citrus fruit available throughout the year and take advantage of the different seasons in the various continents and of our partners in multiple locations worldwide."
This was reported by Walter Ansorge who, in 2011, founded SunProd Srl. The company was recently selected by the Financial Times as being one of the 50,000 of the best 1,000 startups in 32 European countries. "We are among the few in Italy and the only one in southern Italy in the food sector."
Founder Walter Ansorge
SunProd is located in Catania on the Etna plain, a perfect area to grow blood oranges. The company has over 30 years of experience in the processing of citrus as well as pomegranates, peaches, cantaloupes, watermelons and grapes, i.e. the so-called SunProd's "sun products".
The company works with various co-packers located in Sicily, Calabria, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Bolivia and will soon start collaborating with additional ones in Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina.
"These are leading qualified facilities holding prestigious quality certifications that will produce for us under the supervision of our technicians, who will monitor the high-quality and traceability of the products."
"We own state-of-the-art equipment and technologies and hold certifications recognised by our countries of reference (BRC, IFS, GlobalGap, SGF). All products are transformed using the most modern production processes in compliance with environmental sustainability. The raw material comes mainly from Sicily and Calabria (60%), followed by South America (25%) and the Mediterranean basin (15%)."
Every year, SunProd produces:
- 3-3500 tons of lemon concentrate
- 2.000 tons of natural lemons
- 2000-2500 tons of orange concentrate
- 3-4.000 tons of natural oranges
- 7-8 tons of pomegranates, grapefruit, tangerine and bergamot
- circa 250 tons of orange, lemon, tangerine and bergamot essential oils plus by-produts
Still a lot to be done
The products are mainly destined to companies producing fruit juice and fruit-based products, pharmaceuticals, fragrances and food aromas. 30% of the products are sold in Italy, 50% in Europe and 20% outside of the EU in Asia, Africa, the US and Saudi Arabia.
"We are growing but there is still lots to do. First of all, we need to focus on fair remuneration within the chain and on promoting each product to guarantee the best future to our partners and suppliers."
"Our point of strength is definitely an in-depth knowledge of the market, thanks to which we can supply our international clients with genuine high-quality products at a competitive price. In the future, we are looking to innovate the production of citrus fruit purees and frozen organic juices and reduce the use of pesticides to the minimum."
Via S. Catania, 284
95123 Catania - Italy
Tel. +39 095 515637
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: