Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Queensland fruit producer to offer shredded papaya
A North Queensland producer has taken a step away from growing and selling whole fruit, and has started a packaged line of shredded green papaya.
Cameron Mackay, Mackay’s Bananas, Tully, said the line would be sold mostly in Far North Queensland originally, and will appeal to the Asian tourism market.
Mr Mackay said while the product is still new – it is already proving to be popular.
“It's a line that is in it's infancy, but shredded green papaya is certainly an Asian delicacy,” he said.
“We're processing some into some kits. They're going into retail sale with a sauce in the kit as an additive to have with your meals.”
He said the product is not intended to be a meal on its own, but as something to pair with a “some steak or a bit of chicken”.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: