Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Queensland fruit producer to offer shredded papaya
A North Queensland producer has taken a step away from growing and selling whole fruit, and has started a packaged line of shredded green papaya.
Cameron Mackay, Mackay’s Bananas, Tully, said the line would be sold mostly in Far North Queensland originally, and will appeal to the Asian tourism market.
Mr Mackay said while the product is still new – it is already proving to be popular.
“It's a line that is in it's infancy, but shredded green papaya is certainly an Asian delicacy,” he said.
“We're processing some into some kits. They're going into retail sale with a sauce in the kit as an additive to have with your meals.”
He said the product is not intended to be a meal on its own, but as something to pair with a “some steak or a bit of chicken”.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: