Job offersmore »
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Queensland fruit producer to offer shredded papaya
A North Queensland producer has taken a step away from growing and selling whole fruit, and has started a packaged line of shredded green papaya.
Cameron Mackay, Mackay’s Bananas, Tully, said the line would be sold mostly in Far North Queensland originally, and will appeal to the Asian tourism market.
Mr Mackay said while the product is still new – it is already proving to be popular.
“It's a line that is in it's infancy, but shredded green papaya is certainly an Asian delicacy,” he said.
“We're processing some into some kits. They're going into retail sale with a sauce in the kit as an additive to have with your meals.”
He said the product is not intended to be a meal on its own, but as something to pair with a “some steak or a bit of chicken”.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: