Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iraq producing around 99 thousand tonnes of citrus in 2017
The Iraqi Agricultural Statistics Directorate announced last Sunday that the production of citrus fruits in Iraq will amount to 99 thousand tonnes in 2017, stressing that this volume is not enough to meet the needs of the local market, making it necessary to import from neighbouring countries.
The Directorate conducted a survey of citrus production in Iraq during 2017 which included five main types, namely oranges, sour lemons, sweet lemons, mandarins and bitter oranges.
In 2017, the total production from citrus trees stands at 98,976 tonnes; up 1.5% compared to the previous season's production, which was estimated at 97,543 tonnes. The orange production is the most important, with a volume totalling 74,774 tonnes, followed by bitter oranges, with 17,025 tonnes, sour lemons, with 3,658 tonnes, mandarins, with 2,743 tonnes, and sweet lemons, with 776 tonnes.
The Directorate also pointed out that it relies on this annual survey to formulate clear policies that can help in the goal of raising production levels to self-sufficiency.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: