Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain and Canada show interest in Honduran avocados
Companies from Spain and Canada are interested in buying Honduran Hass avocados, according to the secretary of the National Association of Industrialists (ANDI), Germán Pérez de Estefen.
As highlighted by the secretary, this is the result of a project that the Secretariat of Agriculture and Livestock (SAG) has been promoting to diversify the country's agricultural supply, and which currently has the support of a technical mission in Taiwan.
"Currently, in the area of La Esperanza, Intibucá, certified plants are being produced for the expansion of the acreage devoted to Hass avocados," he said.
The former vice minister of Agriculture emphasised that, within three years, Honduras could become a first quality producer and exporter.
"There are traders from Canada and Spain who have shown their interest in the Honduran production, so they have made contacts to buy the product," he reported.
The country has more than 700 hectares devoted to the fruit, which will become one of the most sought after both nationally and internationally.
To conclude, he stated that almost all the countries in the world are expanding their avocado acreage, given the fruit's rising popularity.
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: