Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Consumers are spending more on organic products
The share of money spent on products from organic production compared to the overall amount of money spent has almost doubled in the last ten years.
This is the result of a calculation by the market researchers at GfK, which was published on Monday. In 2007, 2.9% of all expenses were spent on organic products, in the first seven months of this year, it was already 5.7%. Furthermore, 98% of all households are currently buying at least one organic product per year.
The number of persons buying organic products is rising as well: In the first seven months of 2017, the number rose by 2.7% compared to last year. Almost two thirds of the sales of bio products are made in regular supermarkets, discounters and in drugstores. Specialized Bio stores have lost shares of the market. Still, the turnover grew since 2015, even though it was smaller due to more competition.
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: