Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Flying melon damages a car
The police in Coburg in Bavaria had to take care of some flying melons this Saturday morning. The fruit had damaged the car of one woman. The police were able to find the cause quickly though.
Around 7am on Saturday, a 42-year old driver was driving down Webergasse towards Judengasse. She was able to witness a teenager throw a melon out the window of an apartment building. The fruit fell onto the car of the woman. She called the police, who found several melons on the road upon arrival, and confronted the residents of the building.
The 24-year old man explained that he tried to throw the melon towards his friend and it accidentally fell out of the open window. The voluntary alcohol test showed that he was intoxicated. The damages caused by the melons have yet to be estimated.
Source: Polizei Bayern
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: