Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Qatar/Turkey land route to decrease shipping prices by 80%
The land route from Turkey to the Port of Bushehr in Iran and then by sea to the Ruwais port in Qatar is now open for the transport of goods. 200 trucks carrying fruits, vegetables, grains and other food products coming from Turkey arrived in Qatar through this route, a Qatari Businessman said.
The land trade route through Turkey, Iran and Qatar is expected to significantly reduce the cost of transportation of goods. The new trade line will lead to a decline of nearly 80% in the transportation cost of food items compared to air freight charges, say experts.
The route also marks a significant step in tackling the blockade as less transportation time means perishable goods can be transported quickly without damage.
He told the Arabic daily that Qatar's private sector has played a major role during the 90 days of the blockade on Qatar, pointing out that private businesses have closely followed the great efforts made by the State and its various agencies to secure the local market with various commodities and goods.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: