Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: High priced tangerines enter the market
The autumn has already begun, but the summer heat has not disappeared yet. Summer fruit is still holding a dominant position on the market. Fruit like grapes and watermelons are still very popular. Simultaneously, a lot of autumn and winter fruits, like tangerines, are also quietly entering the market. Large quantities of tangerines usually enter the market from the middle of September until October. Compared to honey tangerines, the price for Gong tangerines is a lot higher, usually twice as high.
Compared to large tangerines, the production area of small tangerines is rather small. Their production quantity is also small, and they are more difficult to harvest. Furthermore, the labour costs are relatively high, especially when adding transport costs - raising the price for small tangerines. In the future, the price might get slightly better. The tangerine price of the year before last dropped dramatically. Last year's price also was not ideal. This year, because of the heavy rain, the tangerine production will drop, so the price will rise. Later, it will drop again slightly. The bad weather in the coastal areas, frequent typhoons, and rainfall will all influence the production. That is why, when large quantities of tangerines will enter the market, the price will be higher than last year.
Source: CNR Network
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: