Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egyptian company to increase orange exports to 150K tonnes
Green Egypt for Agricultural Investment (AGREEN) aims to boost the size of its exports of oranges by 18% in the coming season (2017/18), which lasts from November to May of the coming year.
Head of marketing at the company, Hady Selim, said that they plan to increase exports to 150,000 tonnes of oranges by the end of the coming season.
He added that the total exports of the company during the export season ending in May 2017 reached 127,000 tonnes of oranges.
He pointed out that the increase in quantities exported during the next season comes after the entry of 2,000 feddans into production, which increases the company’s portfolio of orange fruiting land to 14,000 feddans, up from 12,000 in the past season.
According to the company’s plan, it seeks to increase the volume of exports by 25% per year. Yet the low productivity of oranges this season, driven by the hot climate, wasted a big part of the production.
1 fedan = 4200 square meters
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: