Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Minagri rules out lime imports
Agriculture and Irrigation Minister José Manuel Hernández said that starting in the third week of September, he plans to start changing production and improving the lime supply, as predicted by his statistics system.
Faced with this scenario, he considered that the importation of this product to be complicated, as had been speculated, be made concrete, since it is a fruit with special characteristics, and one which requires care on the sanitary front.
"It is difficult to make that import quickly, so importers do not bring any more limes. In addition, we must be very careful with citrus' pests and diseases because we have an important export basket. We have made a lot of effort to control the fruit fly, and as long as there are no health protocols with some countries with respect to the limes it would be very difficult to bring it in," he said.
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: