Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Minagri rules out lime imports
Agriculture and Irrigation Minister José Manuel Hernández said that starting in the third week of September, he plans to start changing production and improving the lime supply, as predicted by his statistics system.
Faced with this scenario, he considered that the importation of this product to be complicated, as had been speculated, be made concrete, since it is a fruit with special characteristics, and one which requires care on the sanitary front.
"It is difficult to make that import quickly, so importers do not bring any more limes. In addition, we must be very careful with citrus' pests and diseases because we have an important export basket. We have made a lot of effort to control the fruit fly, and as long as there are no health protocols with some countries with respect to the limes it would be very difficult to bring it in," he said.
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: