Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Victims of US papaya salmonella outbreak climbs past 200The victim count in the ongoing Salmonella outbreaks traced to papayas from Mexico has topped 200, with U.S. officials not only reporting they linked two more farms to sick people, but that they expect to identify even more farms and victims.
Infections from three additional serotypes of Salmonella bacteria have been confirmed in outbreak victims, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Those same serotypes have also been confirmed in papayas tested by the Food and Drug Administration. The two agencies posted updates Friday on their outbreak investigations, with little good news to report.
As of Thursday, there were 210 confirmed victims in the U.S. They are infected with seven different serotypes of Salmonella. The victims are spread across 23 states, with one death reported in New York, according to the CDC.
“Because three separate outbreaks linked to papayas from different farms have been identified, CDC is concerned that papayas from several other farms in Mexico might be contaminated with Salmonella and have made people sick,” the CDC reported Friday. “FDA continues testing papayas from Mexico to see if other papayas from other farms are contaminated with Salmonella.”
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: