Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Eggs from most venomous spider in the world found in Tesco bananasA mum has told how she nearly fed a banana riddled with Brazilian wandering spider eggs to her baby.
Debbie Campbell says she spotted a clump of white eggs on the fruit she was about to give to 18-month-old Albie.
The beauty therapist is terrified of spiders and screamed when she suddenly realised the white mark on the fruit looked identical to nests laid by the world’s most venomous spider.
Ms Campbell, from Cambridge, said: ‘When I Googled it the first thing that came up was Tesco spider eggs and I didn’t even finished reading the story.
After making the discovery she immediately put all the fruit she’d bought into a bag and returned them to the store.
A Tesco spokeswoman said: ‘We sell millions of bananas every week and our growers work hard to clean and inspect all our fruit carefully.
‘However, given the freshness of our produce, this sort of thing can happen on very rare occasions.
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: